I may not be perfect, but Christ thinks I am to die for!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Homesick : /

Ever now and then I will put my Ipod on shuffle, and lately some of my very dear to my heart songs have been coming up. These songs remind me of when all the kids were still at home.  
I remember driving home from Grandma and Grandpa Kentners house singing this song in the car with the whole family. 

Mary Go Round- Skip Ewing (not on you tube! Can you believe it?)
This song has a little place in my heart because it reminds me of my brothers. I don't really know why, but when I hear this song an old memory of my brothers pops in my head. 

This song remind me of Mark. This one is a cute/sad one that Mark used to always play. 

This is the only song that I remember from Mom's full collection of the Carpenters. It always sat right next to the microwave ready to put in at any moment. 

Dad. That pretty much sums it all up. I remember walking in my dads office 10 years ago and he was listening to this song, he told me that he wanted to dance with me at my wedding to this song. Then, I didn't really know what it was but now I am definitely in love with this song. 

Grandpa! I love him! This song encompasses his whole life. Since this was one of Grandpa's favorite song it became one of Mom's, so then it became one of mine!

Superbowl 2004 explains the reason for this. Our family had just gotten dvr or tevo whatever you call it. Josh was performing for the half time show and mom started crying. From then on she was in love with dvr and Josh Groban. We watched Josh perform this about 8 times in a row. 

Just a favorite of ours...

This has been a week of country! I love it, a new favorite guy of mine is Scotty McCreery. Oh man, he has a beautiful deep voice and if he proposed to me today I think there would be now hesitation to say YES! for a while now I have wanted a pair of cowboy boots and a cowgirl hat. At this time in my life, I want to live in a modest home with a piece of land and a few animals, oh yeah kids too, who will play in the yard while my husband and I sit on the front porch on a swing watching them. Oh man I LOVE COUNTRY. Ever since Mom and Dad moved to a house out in the country (kind of), that life so appeals to me! Hey I have the right to dream right?! 

Yeah, if you were standing in front of me!



No comments: