I may not be perfect, but Christ thinks I am to die for!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Country Pierces My Soul!

I realized I LOVE COUNTRY! Like this isn't a surprise or anything. But, not just any country. I has to be good ole' country. Real country. The kind that most people hate. Deep voices. Real stories. The songs that bring up old family memories. The kind with good morals. 
Randy Travis, Skip Ewing, Diamond Rio, Phil Vassar, Clint Black, Alabama, Alan Jackson, Billy Dean, James Taylor and the many more that my ipod shuffles constantly, I am grateful for you!
Listening to this music reminds me of my the Curletto house, having all the kids home, walking in Brads room with these playing, standing on Brads shoes dancing in the living room, cleaning, doing dishes with Maddi,  driving home from the grandparents house with all the family in the car, and singing in the kitchen with the whole family. 
 It is days like this that I am especially grateful for my friends and family that have been great influences in my life. I love my family and do not know what I would do with them. It is days like this when I wish I was 7 again, everyone was home, and life was so simple. But then I think that would stink to not have the other members of my family like sister-in-laws and nieces and nephews. I guess I will just have to introduce the next generation to the greatness of this music that I love, so we can all sing along.

No comments: