I may not be perfect, but Christ thinks I am to die for!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Independance Day weekend!

Fri: everyone in the apartment left except for Maddi and I. Mads made delicious orange sugar cookies with orange cream cheese frosting.They were to DIE for!


Sat: Went to Rigby lake with Kacie and got a wee bit sunburned.Then had a nice trip to WalMart for some aloe, the guy looked at me strange when he saw my red face and the only thing I was buying was aloe, but when you need it you need it right?


Sunday: Went to church, took a nice long nap (2.5 hours), but I was only planning on a 17 minute nap. Made some delicious chocolate chip cookies! They were so soft and delicious! (Recipe at Allrecipies.com, search chocolate chip cookies, then sort by rating, first one on the list!)

Then my friend Christine invited me and Maddi over for dinner with some of her friends, and had enchiladas! we then proceeded to watch The White Lion on Netflix. A documentary on Natatzi, a white lion in Africa. Oh man I cannot tell you how jealous I am of  Maddi's brother who is currently in Mozambique! But, thou shalt not covet!

The 4th!: Walked in the rexburg parade next to the Ying Yang float, which had a dragon and some ribbon dancers. The float had won Mayors Choice. when I told the old chineese man that he had won, he did a little dance, I took a picture of him in front of the float with all the dragon dancers, and then he told us that next year Maddi and I should be in his float and he will get us costumes!
After the parade, we went to Panda Express and joined the ward at their usual spot to watch fire works.

Mads and I only stayed for a little then we went to go see Brad and Janae who had come up from Utah. First we made a stop at one of my favorite place in Idaho... Reed's Dairy!

Then we got to see little Levi and Jared! Bethany (Levi's cousin) is a photographer in the making, and told us all the spots that she wanted to have us take pictures. Here some of them are.






And I personally think this is the best one of Levi!

Here is Maddi and I looking awkward in the field of barley...



It was so cute to see the little kids playing in it, only their little heads popped out.

And last but not least the fireworks in Idaho Falls


Also, brad gave us this great prank idea! Poppers+toilet seat+gullible person= great laughter! Marie was the first to go to the bathroom. She came running out yelling, JERICA! Then Jessica. She came out and said, "I thought I had farted, or I broke the seat!" The residue...

How to: Place poppers under the pegs of the toilet seat, and wait. It will give your victim the bang that they need in their day!

1 comment:

Brad and Janae said...

I love you Jerica, you are so funny!! It was great to see you on the fourth, I'm glad you guys came down.